About

“No one will protect what they don't care about; and no one will care about what they have never experienced” — David Attenborough

Sun Juju exists so we can spend more time outside — in the naturally beautiful places that are important for our wellbeing — now and in the future.

It guards our skin from the elements and our oceans from plastic and chemical filters, so we can savour these beautiful places for decades to come.

We are nature. How we treat the natural world is ultimately how we treat ourselves. 

 

Sun Juju is the sunscreen I couldn't find anywhere. It's mineral based, but non-greasy, so I could wear it daily. It holds natures highest source of Vitamin C (Kakadu Plum), to keep free radicals at bay and it's also plastic free.

After years as a sustainability writer, I wanted to offer something tangible in this space to help people on their path to making greener choices. Growing up in the port town of Fremantle and now living in Byron Bay, I'd been searching for a plastic free, non-greasy sunscreen for the longest time, but never found it. Knowing there'd be others like me, I created Sun Juju. 

The future is plastic free 

In my research as a writer, I found recycled plastic only has a 9% chance of being recycled again worldwide. The other 91% ends up in oceans or landfill causing micro plastics to enter reefs, water, salt and seafood and we now consume a credit cards worth of plastic per week.

For this reason, I packaged Sun Juju in infinitely recyclable aluminium, which has a 75-90% chance of being repurposed. 

5% to plant kelp

Sun Juju is free from hormone inhibiting chemical filters like oxybenzone, octinoxate that were banned in Hawaii in 2018 to protect our reefs.

Sun Juju donates 5% to the Climate Foundations marine permaculture project. Kelp sequesters carbon faster than trees and restores biodiversity, even in ocean dead zones.